Saturday, February 20, 2010

Is this thing on?

Oops. Looks like I forgot about this thing. A few quick updates. First, I've started leading a women's Bible study group at church on Thursday nights. Sheperding is a different ball game from being a participant in a study. I enjoy it for sure, but it has certainly improved by prayer life. The ladies are such a blessing to me.

I started working on the physical me once I was healthy around mid-January (it may have been walking pneumonia, but it totally kicked my tail). At this point, I have stopped drinking soda (a huge change for me), almost entirely cut out fast food (backslid once this week), and started exercising (but have been distracted lately by working overtime at work). Anyway, these have been some positive changes, but the time has come for me to step up my game. So, we got ourselves a family membership to the Y, we just need to start using it.

I have a tendency to hyperfocus one area of my life, and end up way out of whack in another...thus being overweight, having quite a bit of debt, having a thousand things to scrapbook with, but not one finished page, etc. So, I'm trying to temper the fact that overtime is being offered at work for a limited time only, with the fact that I want to be able to fit into those summer clothes I have dry rotting in the closet, with the need to spend time with Jamey and Jason so I can continue to have a family. The thing is, it can be done. I know plenty of people who manage to do this everyday. I just need to find my way of balancing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment