Tuesday, October 20, 2009

So, what are you going to blog about?

This has been the question of the day off and on over the past few months. You see, I'm a blog reading addict (although time limitations have quelched reading lately, I'm certain I'll catch up soon). I also enjoy writing a bit myself, or at least expressing my opinions. It doesn't necessarily matter if anyone else cares to know what I think about things or not. I have a need to express, so I express. In an effort to assist me, my husband was nice enough to set me up with this blog. Since then, I've been buckling under the pressure. What should I write about? It should be profound, right? But, I don't have profound thoughts very often.

When I was teaching English to mangy, unruly eighth graders, I would go ballistic when a paper started with What I'm going to tell you about... or What I'm going to write about is... However, a loose focus, or expectation is probably appropriate, so here goes. I've recently become increasingly aware of how content I was to let Christ float around in the periphery of my life rather than be the center. I've become comfortable with complacency in several areas of life and need to make improvements. So, I may post about something that touched me in Bible study. I may post about something I do to be a better or more creative Mommy. I could post a recipe. I may even post about my 3 year old pooping in the potty (although I will endeavor to keep those to a minimum). Basically, you'll get a few snapshots of 30-something woman trying to "do life" better.

No comments:

Post a Comment